The research team attended and presented at the ICON Society (UK and Ireland) conference hosted by the University of Strathclyde. The papers presented were titled:
de Mars, ‘Making it (Even) More Complex: Plucking Trade from its Nest’
Murray, ‘Futureland: Northern Ireland after Brexit’
O’Donoghue, ‘Life after Brexit: Referenda, International Law and Unifying Ireland?’
Warwick, ‘Disappearing Rights under the Draft EU-UK Withdrawal Agreement’
They will find their way into written and published form shortly!
As the UK approached one of its Brexit deadlines, March and Early April proved a busy period for presentation gigs! The research team presented the following papers:
- Murray, ‘The Strange Case of Disappearing Rights in the UK-EU Withdrawal Negotiations’, Leeds University, SLSA Annual Conference (5 April 2019).
- Warwick, ’Northern Ireland as a Perpetual Outsider’, Leeds University, SLSA Annual Conference (4 April 2019).
- O’Donoghue, ‘Lessons from Brexit’, Wolfson College, Cambridge (29 March 2019).
- Warwick, ‘What’s so wrong with the backstop anyway?’, Institute of Advanced Studies, Birmingham, Intercontinental Academia Programme (19 March 2019).
- Murray, ‘Brexit and the Common Travel Area’ NUI Galway (7 March 2019).